2017 Summer Leap
In response to our community’s growth over these 17 years and the changing needs of our artists, we are proud to share our new vision and mission for The Arts of Life and the larger arts community.
OUR VISION is a rich creative arts community where artists with intellectual & developmental disabilities participate through leadership and collaboration.
OUR MISSION The Arts of Life advances the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership.
In celebration of our new vision and mission, we are launching the Artist Enterprise Program. This exciting initiative is designed to provide infrastructure for artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities to manage their professional careers. Using an assessment process, artists will develop and implement a plan that promotes their success within the wider arts community. Artists with intellectual disabilities bring a critical view to the larger arts community, and our goal is to bring their work forward through exhibitions, personalized marketing plans, and increased collaborations and partnerships.
The Coleman Foundation has graciously pledged $60,000 to support 50% of this program. For it to be successful, we’re looking for additional support from foundations, corporations, and - most importantly - donors like you!
Why support the Artist Enterprise Program?
An Anonymous Foundation will match donations made until June 30th for up to $15,000 - so have your gift go farther!
- Increased exposure of our artists work in the Chicagoland area, nationally, and internationally.
- Increased collaborations and partnerships through the Chicago studio’s new gallery, Circle Contemporary.
- The newly developed curriculum focused on teaching artists with intellectual disabilities the business of being an artist.
Guidelines for Anonymous Foundation $15,000 Challenge Match
- From May 30 to June 30 an Anonymous Foundation has pledged a $15,000 challenge match to The Arts of Life.
- The foundation's match will only fully apply to new or lapsed donors (haven't given since August 2014).
- For active donors, it'll match to the degree the gift exceeds the donor’s largest single donation since August 2014.
- What does this mean? For example: If you gave $100 in 2014 and increase this amount and donate $150 in 2016, the increased amount ($50) will be matched from May 30 to June 30. The good news is that this incentive is open to all donors, recurring and new! If you are a new donor, the whole amount will be matched.