At The Arts of Life, we advance the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership.
The part-time position (90 hours a month, flexible schedule, $25/hour) reports to and works closely with the Development & Communications Director to grow The Arts of Life’s annual budget through increased foundation funding. The Grant Writer will manage current and develop new foundation support.
Support the Development & Communications Director in building strategic relationships with existing and potential foundation funders.
Lead efforts in researching, writing, and submitting foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and reports in partnership with the Development & Communications Director and the Program Team.
Oversee the maintenance and dissemination of a calendar for proposal submissions and reports.
Work with the Arts of Life Team to ensure that grants support the operational and financial needs of the organization.
Keep the team informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
Assist in preparing reports for the Executive Board.
Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of the visual arts or Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities is strongly recommended.
- Successful track record of applying for and receiving institutional grants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Technical proficiency with fundraising software.
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
To apply, submit the form below.