Celebrating 20 Years
Join us in celebrating 20 years!
In early January 2000, Arts of Life opened its doors, guided by a progressive vision to put inclusivity and creativity first in the support of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities. At the time, Arts of Life was the only Alternative Day Program in Chicago with a specific focus on artistic vocational opportunities. From our start with 10 intrepid artists, we have expanded to support 60 artists in two studios. We have opened two galleries and participated in exhibitions in Chicago-land and beyond. We have forged creative and fruitful partnerships and built lasting relationships. Thank you for helping us reach this remarkable milestone.
We mark this anniversary with a year-long celebration. Upcoming 20th Anniversary events include:
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 @ Revolution Brewpub | The Associate Board’s Summer Bash: Party Like It’s 1999!
- Three City Social, a nationally traveling exhibition featuring Nikole Heusman and Amanda Gantner alongside the work of artists from Los Angeles and Portland
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 @ Wilmette Theatre | The North Shore Studio’s 10th Birthday Party Celebration, featuring the North Shore premiere of Life And Where I’m At – a documentary about co-founder Ronnie Cuculich
- April 3 – 4, 2020 | A How We Make It reunion exhibition and event bringing together work from volunteers and staff over Arts of Life’s twenty-year history
- TBD | The release of a limited edition 20th Anniversary beer in partnership with Middle Brow Beer, featuring artwork by Amanda Gantner
We are eager to expand the visibility of our artists throughout the year. If your business would be interested in a collaboration or installation, please contact Vincent Uribe at email@example.com.
For press inquiries, please contact Anne Cauley at firstname.lastname@example.org.