1:1 Direct Support Professional
Job Type: Part-tIme
Arts of Life is seeking a part-time Direct Support Professional (DSP) to support one member of our collective, one-on-one, with their daily art-making practice and personal care needs. This opportunity is available at our North Shore studio in Glenview, IL.
The DSP position combines personal care with creative supports. In addition to providing personal support to one artist, the DSP will be assisting them with all aspects of community membership at Arts of Life: individual arts practice, art-related group activities, relationship building, personal care, etc. Pay rate will start at $12.36/hr.
The ideal candidates will have the following characteristics and experience:
- Background in visual arts.
- At least one year of experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Reliable transportation to and from studio site in GLENVIEW, IL.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to generate creative solutions and adaptations based on an individual’s needs.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and community building skills.
- Experience thriving in ambiguous environments.
- Commitment to the process of artistic skills development as an avenue for growth and independence for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Comfort providing personal care supports such as assistance during meal times or in the restroom.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Be creative, collaborative, dedicated, professional, and timely.
This is a part-time-12 hour a week position. This position is ideal for anyone seeking to supplement their income with meaningful work in a creative community of people with and without disabilities. The DSP schedule is based on the artist’s attendance; we are looking for someone who can work on both Mondays and Wednesdays.
If you are interested, please upload apply via the form below: