Board of Directors Application
Arts of Life (AofL) board members are experts in their fields. Priority areas of expertise include: marketing, strategy/project management, human resources, and entrepreneurism. All find themselves committed to the respect and dignity AofL accords our artists. We seek vocal, energetic, committed individuals who are eager to be involved and to make a difference in the world.
Arts of Life is committed to engaging historically marginalized peoples, specifically BIPOC and LGBTQIA persons, as critical members of the organization at every level, especially leadership. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
Candidates will be expected to have:
- A passion for the mission & ability to serve as an advocate and ambassador for AofL.
- Capability & willingness to leverage personal & professional networks to create new opportunities for increasing the organization’s visibility & donor base.
- Aptitude for honesty & integrity, sensitivity to & tolerance of differing views, a friendly & responsive approach to conflicts & issues, strong community-building skills, a developed sense of value, & concern for AofL’s development.
- A commitment to generating an environment that centers on learning, equity, & inclusivity.
- A commitment to practicing & nurturing steward leadership across the organization in order to build an engaged & invested community.
Quite simply, joining us will open your eyes in ways you do not expect, will likely change how you view people with disabilities, and may even change your life. AofL belongs to the artists and your support will make an important, visible, and lasting impact for people who truly need your help and who will be happy to keep creating astounding art.
The Commitment / Responsibilities:
- Participation and Engagement
- Board members convene quarterly as a whole & monthly on the committee level. Current committees include Governance; Finance; Art; Development; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility.
- Board members actively participate in & support events, exhibitions, & fundraisers. In general, our members should expect to contribute 5-10 hours a month.
- Financial Contributions and Donations:
- Board members actively work to ensure the financial stability of Arts of Life by introducing their network to AofL, cultivating potential supporters, & making a personally meaningful financial contribution. Through both a personal donation & the facilitation of donations, the minimum expectation (known as the give/get) is $1,500 annually.
TO APPLY, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW: